Health & Safety Policy
BG Engineering recognises and accepts its responsibility & commitment to the prevention of injury & ill health arising from the company’s activities.
This responsibility forms an essential part of how we run our business. We are committed to managing our activities which have an impact on health & safety in a responsible manner, and the following policy guidelines demonstrate the principal commitments we have made.
In order to achieve this, we will:
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements.
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from the company’s activities.
- Consult with employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Ensure hazardous substances are handled and stored safely.
- Maintain channels of communication which ensure adequate information, instruction and supervision is provided to all employee.
- Ensure that all employees are trained and competent to carry out their work.
- Maintain safe, healthy and environmentally acceptable working conditions.
- Establish the necessary organisation to promote these policy objectives.
- Set and regularly review performance of the system against a series of SMART Objectives and Targets.
- This Policy is the cornerstone of our health & safety system and as such we will ensure the content is communicated to all persons working for, or on behalf of the organisation, through training, induction and notice boards. The policy will also be available to the public via the BG Engineering Internet site.
The arrangements for the achievement of the aims of this policy are set out in the BG Engineering Health and Safety Manual.